Permanent position in the PDS group
Telecom SudParis, Institut Polytechnique de Paris
Department INFormatique (Computer Science), SAMOVAR lab, ACMES team
Keywords: storage systems, performance analysis, parallel runtimes, distributed systems or algorithms, language runtimes, virtualization
Main contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Computer Science Department of Télécom SudParis, member of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, is hiring an Associate Professor (maître de conférences, permanent position) in distributed systems.
The candidate is expected to strengthen the Parallel and Distributed System (PDS) group of Télécom SudParis by contributing to ongoing and future research in the field of parallel and distributed computing. To ensure a smooth integration within the PDS group, it is desirable that the candidate has expertise in one or more of the following research areas: storage systems, performance analysis, parallel runtimes, distributed systems, distributed algorithms, language runtimes and virtualization. In particular, the PDS group welcomes candidates with a strong background in storage systems, such as parallel storage systems, large-scale distributed storage systems and non-volatile memory.
The candidate is also expected to join the teaching curricula in CS of both Télécom SudParis and Institut Polytechnique de Paris (master degree in CS), in particular in subjects related to parallel or distributed systems (programming, operating systems, middleware, software engineering, parallel runtimes…). The candidate will have to teach both in English and French.
How to apply
- PhD degree in Computer Science
- Excellent research record
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written)
- Experience in under-graduate and graduate levels teaching is highly appreciated
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, list of publications, research statement, teaching statement, list of references
- By e-mail at email@example.com, cc at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- With the subject “Recrutement TSP/INF 2020 – Profil PDS”
Application deadline: 6/4/2020, CEST
Starting date: 09/2020